« return to search results

Identity card necessary for minor


From the 26th of June 2012 in Italy it is necessary to have an identity card for minor if they have to travel, because the parents’ passport won’t be enough.

The identity card is available in the councils and has to be signed by both parents; their names will also be on the back of the card. If the children have to travel, the minor of 14 years has to be accompanied by one of the parents or by a tutor. The tutors can make a written require to the encaged person or institution, after the polices headquarters will confirm it. The minor are allowed to sign the own identity card after 12 years age. The news is that the card will expire the day of the next anniversary. The expiry date of a major of age identity card is of 10 years, for children between 3 and 8 years it is of 5 years while for children between 0 and 3 years it is 3 years.
Holidays South Tyrol